Thursday, February 5, 2015

Papertrey & Project Favorites...

Papertrey Ink is celebrating its 8th anniversary this February, can you believe that? There will be so many fun festivities and prizes to be had. Hope you'll stay tuned to Nichole Heady's blog all this month! 

I have been in the Papertrey Ink family for 4 years now, heading into year 5, and I can honestly say working with Papertrey Ink products is the most fun I've had creating! This past year was very eye-opening for me as a designer. With the introduction of the Monthly Moments line, I was really able to get back to my grass roots of my love of scrapbooking, and for me it was refreshing. It really allowed me to create in my true style and remember who I am as a designer, and also to bring that sort of style into my cardmaking with fun techniques like paints and watercolors, lots of visual layers and such. The creating part for me is truly the most fun...getting messy and watching the project come to life is good for the soul! My talented teammates push me to be better and better, and I love that. Not only are they talented and fun, but they are such genuine people, and I am so blessed to call them friends. I hope my projects continue to inspire you to find your creativity too in 2015. 
Here are 8 of my favorite Papertrey Ink projects from 2014! It was fun to look through this past year's projects, but choosing a few of my favorites was like choosing a favorite child. :) Ya know? 

#1. Luxe card set.
The Wet Paint stamps were one of my favorite products this year, as I'm a font addict and love the hand scripted look! Combined with polka dots, black and gold, really makes for a timeless look!
#2. Dipped Die Cuts.
Again, this project included my love of gold right now and along with layered stamping, I think creates an elegant feel with texture and shine to bring it to life.

#3. Hello June layout.
As I said earlier in this post, the Monthly Moments line really brought me back to my love of scrapbooking, and for that I'm so grateful. I hadn't been scrapbooking as much until the Monthly Moments line came out, and I have to tell you some of my very favorite projects this year were created with it! I stamped on every layout this year and love how stamps can add so much to a page. With stamps, you can create your own patterns in colors that work for your photos! And you don't have to stamp directly onto your page, you can stamp onto die cuts and add color that way or create your own "washi tapes" with stamps and strips of paper. :)
#4. Thankful mini album.
This one combined the Monthly Moments: September goodies with Phrase Play. Typography is so trendy right now, and I loved how the Phrase Play collection honed in on that trend this year! Layers, layers, layers. I love them. Mini albums are the perfect medium for adding lots of layers and details.

#5. Beautiful Brushstrokes, Thanks card.
This year the watercolor trend has had my heart, and the Beautiful Brushstrokes kit put together by Betsy Veldman was so much fun to play around with...who knew you could stamp on watercolor paper and then use just water to blend the images and make them look like they were painted on! I can't get enough of this. (As you'll see in the next few projects. lol)

#6. Grateful card.
Stenciling and creating your own backgrounds was all the rage this year. I used the Cover Plate dies to make my own stencils in this blog post to create my own background by watercoloring through the stencil. Love how it's so easy to create a place on your card that will ground the other elements, and it all blends so well together. I need to remember to do this more often.
#7. Monthly Moments, May layout.
The Circles Scribbles dies fascinated me, and here I used them as a border on a Spring layout to create flowers. Really like how it turned out. The larger size of the Circle Scribbles dies are so great not only for cards, but for scrapbook layouts too!

#8. Botanical Blocks cards.
Heat embossing has made its way into almost every card of mine lately, and it's fun to have little the little nooks and crannies to add color like on these Botanical Blocks stamps.

It's such a joy each month to open up all of the blog posts and see the creative ideas and different styles during the countdown when all of the team members receive the same products, yet everyone's projects are so different! The group posts are like Christmas to me. Nine times out of ten, we don't see each other's projects ahead of time, so it's always a delight! This year my goals are to get familiar with Illustrator and come up with some stamp ideas to submit to PTI when they hold their yearly meeting. I can't wait to expand my horizons in that realm of stamping as well!! I'm so excited about the possibilities! THANK you for being so supportive of Papertrey Ink. We couldn't do any of this without YOU, friends! :)

Head over to Nichole Heady's blog for color swatches and sketch recipe cards based on the team's favorites! All you have to do is make a card based on one of these to be entered to win your PTI Wish List! Have fun creating and good luck!

20 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Danielle congratulations on another wonderful year with PTI! You and the entire team are so inspiring! Looking forward to another year of incredible fun! Love all of the projects you showcase each and every post!!!

Jan G said...

Love your style! Especially the leaves with the gold edges!

Diana K said...

Oh my, Danielle! Every time I come to your blog my heart skips a beat, and I'm not even being sappy, it's the honest truth. That header for today's post, with those 8 amazing projects, is pure eye candy. Thanks for always inspiring me and alway being you.

Kangels said...

Wow congrats on another year. I love your teaser about more watercolor ideas to share this year. Can't wait.

JanetB said...

Congratulations on another year at PTI. You have such a beautiful feminine style, and I love your use of little gold touches.

LauraJane:) said...

Looking forward to another year! Your MIMs are always a fun challenge for me:)

Suzanne Russell said...

I enjoyed looking back through your picks from 2014. Most of them were already pinned, but now they all are! Best wishes for another year of beautiful success at Papertrey Ink.

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous projects, Danielle! I'm thrilled that you're a part of the PTI DT! I just love your style!

Annette Allen said...

yay for another year... love all your projects

Nora Noll said...

I am looking forward to another year of stunning projects!!!

Carolynn said...

These projects are so luscious, as well as inspiring. I look forward to seeing your stamp designs-- I know they'll be fabulous!

maria f. said...

So many of my favorites of yours here. Thanks for all the inspiration. I'll never stop loving your work with B/W and gold dots ;)

Lynne said...

Danielle - what a lovely walk through of your favorite projects this year. All of them are just so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Bev said...

Thanks for all your great ideas!

Kara Lynne said...

Each of these projects is so inspiring! Your creative talents are being put to great use at PTI!

Anonymous said...

I love your very feminine style Danielle. It's always such fun to see your take on a stamp set.

Holly Saveur said...

All so gorgeous..look so forward to another year full with inspiration from you!

nancy said...

I am ever so glad that you accepted Nichole's invitation to join the DT those few years ago. Because I am not a scrapbooker, I was not familiar with your work, but, in the time you've been on the DT, I've been inspired by each type of project you create. This year's favorite is the thankful mini album. The eclectic mix of the matte watercolor, shiny gold, rustic charm and elegance spoke to me. There are so many of your cards that could make my favorites list, but just as many layouts. I think that it is because you put a piece of your heart on each layout. Thank you for being such an inspiration.
I hope that Nichole has some more announcements to make about the DT and that you will become a part of the senior DT. I selfishly want to see your take on some of the older sets. And good luck with Illustrator. I'd love to see you designing stamps.

Kelly Griglione said...

Seriously, what an amazing highlights film here!! Such a joy to see them all together like this. Wonderful photography too. Hope you get to work on some stamps this year : )

papernut said...

congratulations on your 4th anniversary. Love all your cards