Saturday, December 15, 2012

release day...

Today is release day at Papertrey Ink! All of the fun products we have been sharing the past few days will be available tonight at 10pm EST!

Here are Sending My Love (black sentiment) and Think Big Favorites #23. I used Background Basics: Chevron to stamp the chevron stripes with Sweet Blush ink.

Always Known It Was You card:
STAMPS: Think Big Favorites #23, Sending My Love, Background Basics: Chevron
INK:  Sweet Blush, Pure Poppy, True Black, Hawaiian Shores
PAPER: Aqua Mist cardstock, white
DIES: none
OTHER: pearl.

-----------

I used the new Sending My Love set on the next card too, couldn't resist! I made my own background with reinkers (INK REFILLS that you would reink your stamping pad with), using Spring Moss, Lavender Moon, Harvest Gold and Aqua Mist.
To make the little painted circles, I used a paintbrush, one drop of reinker and some water...and just painted the color on in a swirly motion. Start off dipping your brush in a lot of water and a use just a tiny bit of reinker, and you can always go darker. You cannot go lighter! :) Once you add the reinker, it's a done deal and dries almost instantly. :) I made my own tab with a strip of cardstock and used a corner rounder to round the top edges of the tab. EASY, and FUN! Must try it with other colors too!

Moments card:
STAMPS: Sending My Love
INK: Spring Moss, Lavender Moon, Harvest Gold and Aqua Mist, True Black
PAPER: Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, white

DIES: Heart-2-Heart #11
OTHER: pearl.

-----------

This is the new Quilled Elegance stamp set. This set of cards are stamped and embossed in white and then I painted in with reinkers again, since I don't have any Copic markers. You can achieve a very similar look to Copics this way.




Thank You Kindly card:
STAMPS: Quilled Elegance
INK:  Fresh Snow, True Black
PAPER: Spring Moss, Lavender Moon, Aqua Mist
DIES: none
OTHER: corner rounder, white embossing powder, Papertrey Ink ink refills in Spring Moss, Lavender Moon, Hawaiian Shores.

-----------

I really messed up on this one, but I thought I would share it anyway, just in case someone would want to use the idea. I stamped chevrons in different colors ranging from lights to darks, and a Sending My Love sentiment again in between. The heart is from Think Big Favorites #23.

Colorful Chevron card:
STAMPS: Background Basics: Chevron, Think Big Favorites #23, Sending My Love

INK: Sweet Blush, Pure Poppy, Lavender Moon, True Black, Plum Pudding
PAPER: Lavender Moon, white cardstock
DIES: none
OTHER: none.

-----------

This one uses the new Framed Out #11 stamp set and dies. The sentiment is from Ribbons & Bows.

I cut the big hearts out with the die and stamped them before addding them over the top of the smaller stamped hearts. I used the Background Basics: Newsprint to add around the edges.

Congratulations card:
STAMPS: Framed Out #11, Ribbons & Bows, Background Basics: Newsprint

INK: Sweet Blush, Pure Poppy, True Black, Soft Stone
PAPER: white and black cardstock, Secret Crush by Pink Paislee (dot)
DIES: Framed Out #11
OTHER: Recollections flower by Michael's.

-----------

The sentiment on this card was stamped with a new stamp set called Just a Kiss, also used a new border die: XOXO Border.

To get the different colors in the XO, I cut strips of colorful cardstock and adhered them to a thin piece of printer paper. Then added the die over the top of the strips and ran it through the Cuttlebug to cut it out. You'll need a thin piece of paper to adhere all of the strips to. If you use thick cardstock under the colored pieces, the stack will be too thick to cut and won't cut all the way through!

XOXO card:
STAMPS: Just a Kiss
INK: Fresh Snow
PAPER: Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Lavender Moon, Smokey Shadow and white cardstock - all by Papertrey Ink. Light gray cardstock from my stash (unknown)
DIES: XOXO Border die, Wonderful Words Die Collection, Heart-2-Heart #11
OTHER: twine, white embossing powder.

-----------

This last one was a little more difficult for me, but I decided to go with more of a manly color scheme. This stamp set is called Love Potion!
I figured with chemistry and experiments, you also have notebook paper to jot down your notes from the lab experiment. Made my own "notebook" edges with a hole punch, made my own tab, and added to the office feel with a silver brad.

Great Chemistry card:
STAMPS: Love Potion
INK: Summer Sunrise, Limeade Ice, Hawaiian Shores, True Black, Fresh Snow
PAPER: Smokey Shadow Pattern Pack, Summer Sunrise cardstock, Aqua Mist cardstock, office paper - Secret Crush by Pink Paislee
DIES: none

OTHER: brad, hole punch.
------

The other team members have lots to show you also, stop by and leave them some love if you can!

Ashley Cannon Newell 
Nichole Heady



12 comments:

Karen (carefree creations) said...

I am in love with your Quilled Elegance card set! And the colorful strips with the XO die is awesome! Thanks for all your hard work on the DT - I always enjoy your projects.

Carolyne Aarsen said...

Love, love the quilled elegance card. I don't have copics either, but what a great idea to use the reinkers and paint! Brilliant.

Carol ann said...

XOXOXO to you for sharing such gorgeous valentine/anytime cards.

Yvonne said...

Beautiful cards with bright colours and soft colours, really love the "thank you kindly" cards!
Greetings, Yvon

Michelle said...

LOVE all of your projects..... but i especially like the card using the reinkers-such a clever/pretty idea!

Kathy H said...

wonderful cards!

Julie said...

Love all your cards!

Kristii said...

Love them all!!! Soooo very cute!

Melissa said...

LOVE every single one of them Danielle! Your cards are so inspiring and so much fun.
Melis

lexi said...

love the colorful xoxo with my kiss sentiment - super fun!!

Cindy O said...

Fabulous cards! Love your multicolor XOXOXO!

Loly Borda said...

Awesome cards! Very clever designs. TFS