Tuesday, December 20, 2011

fa la la...

Ready for the holidays? I have all of my gifts bought and wrapped, just have to finish the teachers and the grandmas. It's getting down to the wire, but I know what I'm getting, just have to make one more run. :)

I have a few more Christmas card ideas for you today...

These are all made with Studio Calico's Autumn Press line of papers/stickers and Studio Calico stamps. Here I used one of the Bookplate Stickers behind a felt tree that I made myself. I wrapped the tree in twine. The sentiment is made with some of my favorite Studio Calico sticker letters from my stash and the Nadiya stamps by Studio Calico ("la"). I made the little felt rose myself.
----------------

Next, another bookplate sticker is used as a background for a punched circle.
Several of the snowflakes (Martha Stewart punch) are punched and layered here, then I used a circle punched from the Rose Bud paper for the center! None of these papers are really holiday papers, but the colors work so well.
----------------

The "Merry" card was fun and simple to make. I first stamped "Merry" out with alphabet stamps (Nadiya by Studio Calico), then dry embossed the card with a Swiss Dot embossing folder by Provo Craft. Last, a strip of paper, a punched heart and a ribbon rose were added that I made myself. These would be easy to mass produce!
Are you making your Christmas cards this year?  I would love to see them!

11 comments:

Diana Waite said...

SO love these cards!

Marlou McAlees said...

I adore your creations Danielle, have the most wonderful Christmas and new year :) xx

Chris Scrap said...

des merveilles, encore des merveilles, toujours des merveilles !!!

Sharon Huffman said...

These are lovely cards! How do you get such a clear impression with the big stamps like the "fa"? Mine usually turn out blotchy, not solid.

NatQuebec said...

very nice ! I love the first one a lot !

Danielle Flanders said...

Sharon,
The green letters "fa la" are letter stickers by Studio Calico and the big red "la" is stamped. :) Thanks for your nice comment!
Danielle

Daniela Dobson said...

So cute!! Love all the colors and the pink tree!

Teresa Zuehls said...

What lovely cards. The first card is my favorite as I love how you decorated your pink felt tree. I don't make my Christmas cards but I did make a handful this year. You can find them here: http://teresazuehls.blogspot.com/2011/12/quick-christmas-card-inspiration.html
Have a joyous and merry Christmas with your family.

Sherry Wright said...

Gorgeous as always! And yes, I did make all my cards this year (they're on my blog) using my PTI stamps. ;)

Wishing you and your family a Happy Holiday & year ahead! :)

Ania said...

Darling card, love the typical Danielle-style :) Just dropping by to wish you a Merry Christmas! :)

Maryana Volkova said...

Love, love your cards! You're my muse!)))))))