Friday, October 2, 2009

Grateful...

I can't believe it's October already! Time flies much too fast. I love this time of year when we get to pick pumpkins and enjoy the corn maze, and take out all our warm, fuzzy sweaters! I apologize that I don't have any balloon festival pics to share with you. We arrived, and they couldn't fly the balloons because of the wind. We were soooo bummed!

The 2nd of each month is my day to post on the Pink Paislee blog and if our day lands on a Friday, we are to do a project that has to do with journaling. I'll admit, I'm not the best at journaling. So, after playing around with the journaling spots, I decided to come up with an alternative use for them! I used it as a photo matte on my layout. Lately, I've been really loving to do all different size of pics! I really enjoy having a photo printer at home. I use Photoshop CS2 to resize the photos I want to use, then open up a new document that is 4x6" and move all my photos to that new document. Then I can print a ton of little photos on a small sheet of photo paper. If you don't have a printer at home, you could certainly use wallet size photos on these journaling spots too.
Have I told you how much I LOVE this line? This is the Amber Road line of papers, rub ons, die cuts, postcards (journaling spots), brads, and the Expressions chipboard. Seriously, one of my all time favorites by Pink Paislee. Anything red and I'm hooked!
In other news, tomorrow is World Card Making Day! I was asked by a Brazilian scrapbooking forum to host a little card challenge for their site. The site is called ScrapbookBrasil.com if you speak Espanol un poco and would like to visit! (I'm not very fluent in it anymore!)

My challenge is to create a card using spray ink, mist, or paint somewhere on your card, and I put together a couple of samples...I used Melissa Frances fall chipboard, rub ons, patterned paper, and resin pieces on these. The cat was sprayed with Graphite Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels and the tree was just painted black with acrylic paint. I quickly brushed paint on the background of a Worldwin card base so the rub on would show up better. On the Boo card, I sprayed over the Boo chipboard with the same mist, and then added a rub on over the top. It's very shiny in real life!

I hope you get time to make something for World Card Making Day! I appreciate your sweet comments~ thanks for stopping by,

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I'm so inspired by your stuff. I love all these projects! Gorgeous!

Tara Powell said...

Amber Road is my new favorite line also! The colors so rich and beautiful
Love your mini photos on the layout, I'd love to have a photo printer at home
Cute cards also! I will be making some cards tomorrow for sure
:)
Enjoy your weekend!
Tara

Elizabeth said...

As always girl your stuff is A-mazing!! I always love how you place stuff and put stuff on your work. It looks so professional!

Have a really blessed weekend Danielle! :)
e.

Wendy Kwok said...

I love that LO with the wallet size photos! And the design is amazing! Love it

Stacy Cohen said...

Beautiful work, Danielle!! I especially love the layout with the small photos!

DeeDee said...

I really love the scalloped card, and the small photos. Inspiring! :)

On my way... said...

Oooo yep, Loving that Amber Rd line!! And I think I have about 3 packets of those cherry alphas, lol, just in case they run out at the LSS ;)

And I LOVE the photo strip, what a fabulous idea! Gone straight into my inspiration file :D

xx

Unknown said...

I love the little photos! Is that hard to do??

Leigh Penner said...

I LOVE this layout, Danielle! I think it is my new favourite of yours!! TFS! And I hope you have a great weekend! Happy card making!

Kelly said...

Love love love that layout Danielle. Really truly beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Dani.....So gosh darned adorable!!!!!

Anna Sigga said...

Love the layout girl - and I too am not much of journal girl but I do love my journal spots! They are so versatile!

Fab cards too!

Jenn said...

gorgeous cards!!

Cristina Tronco said...

hey! i'm a big fan of your work and loved to read your interview at scrapbookbrasil.com!
I'm a member of their DT :)
your work is really inspiring!

thanks fot the challenge!

Jamie Lane Designs said...

I love these! You should enter your Grateful one in at Frosted Designs (http://www.frosteddesigns.blogspot.com/) in the Flourish challenge!

Kay said...

I always love your shaped cards, Dani. These are adorable!

Your layout is marvelous! Really, really beautiful!!
♥♥ Kay

Renata Pacheco said...

Hi, Dani! Thank you for your interview to scrapbookbrasil.com! We loved your participation and we had a lot of fun with the challenge. Thank you a lot! By the way, your card with photos is totally amazing!