Tuesday, September 8, 2009

More Core Curriculum projects...

Hi! Hope you had a terrific and safe Labor Day. Can you believe I didn't take one single photo? It was nice to just relax at the picnic and not worry about my camera for a day. :) We had a nice time with friends, and the girls had fun playing with all the kids. Kati ended up with a black eye though after someone bumped her eye (Taylor) on the trampoline. (I may have to get a picture of that...poor thing! I felt bad for her, but it didn't seem to bother her too long.)

I'm so excited to share with you some more guest design projects made with the Core Curriculum kit by Noel Mignon. The first is a teacher card made with one of the pages from the Melissa Frances tag book. I used two i's to make the plus sign and stitched a circle in the background to add a little bit of movement to the card with all of its rigid lines.

3 + 1/2 = (inside says "1 great teacher!")
(Oops, I forgot to erase my pencil lines. Excuse the lines!)

I covered the inside tag with the notebook paper, added a Scenic Route rub on from the kit, a one (love these Thickers) and wrote "great teacher" myself. I left some room underneath to write a special note to the teacher.
The second teacher card was made with a piece of the notebook-looking paper from the kit. I stitched over some of the lines in the paper to bring out the design before attaching it to the card base.

I'll be all set when I need a teacher thank you this year.

And last, but not least, a page about Taylor and her scooter. She loves that thing and uses it almost daily! (Can you tell how much I love this star paper by American Crafts? It's so bright and colorful in real life.) These pics were taken last July a couple days after she got her braces on.
Let me know if you have any questions about how I created these. I'd be happy to answer them. Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

DeeDee said...

Love the stitching. Beautiful cards!

Melonie said...

Beautiful LO and cards! We start school tomorrow. Great idea to make some teacher Thank yous ahead of time. I will have to do that too. Hope you have a super week.

Daniela Dobson said...

Love the bright star and the stitching! The little bicycles are adorable.

Rebecca Keppel said...

Love the stitching on the notebook paper and that fab layout. Hope Kati's eye is all better :)

Virginia said...

LOVELY! I have a question- did you handstitch on the "A+ Teacher" card, and if you did, how did you do the holes for the stitching- they are so perfectly even & straight!

Noel said...

I really love how you staggered the bikes on your LO, that looks really cool! These projects are beautiful Danielle! :)

Shirley said...

Love the cute cards and the bikes on the layout are great!

Leigh Penner said...

Love these projects, Dani!

Wendy Kwok said...

Wow.. that card with the stitching is amazing! Love it

On my way... said...

Adorable! Love the stitched lines, really effective - and lol, my son has a scooter obsession aswell, he got it for his 2nd birthday :)
xx

Elizabeth said...

Girl you always amaze me with the creations of your cards! You take something so normal and make it into a really cute card, every single time!!!! Amazing stuff.

I love your bright and cheery layout too! I am always drawn to bright and cheerier layouts!!! :)

Have a great day!

Elizabeth said...

Oh yeah.. Can you do a tutorial on hand stitching. Cause when I tried to do it once myself it came out looking horrible and yours always looks SO good!!!

Craft u Crazy said...

Your stuff is amazing, I absolutely love it. Thank you so much for sharing.
I'm from South Africa and like you I also love to craft and create things. I would love I if you would pop over to my blog some time.

Kind regards
Adele James
Craft u Crazy
South Africa

Davinie Fiero said...

That hand stitching is fab.u.lous!

Kay said...

These are amazing, Danielle! I can't get over the hand stitching on your A+ card. Wow!!! Your layout is wonderful. The paper colors are perfect with Taylor's outfit. So fun, bright and cheerful!!! ♥♥ Kay

Vee said...

your cards are fantastic!!