Friday, May 16, 2008

so much to blog about...

Do you ever feel like some days you don't have much to say.. and other days you have a lot to blog about? I feel like there has been sooo much going on here lately. We are still working on our kitchen floor, hopefully tonight will be the last night laying the tiles and then tomorrow we can start grouting. Hubby and I are doing it ourselves to save money, and it's going really well. It's really sort of rewarding to do such a big project on your home. Loving the outcome. It feels so much fresher and brighter in here already! I'm so anxious to get my house back in order though. I'm such a neat freak that it's really hard on me to have everything out of order! :) The good thing is that I haven't had to cook much...I'm not such a great cook. heehee (just ask my family, I'm sure they will agree)

Yesterday, Taylor had her palette expander put in her mouth before she gets her braces..that was quite an experience. Things like that really tug at my heart strings. I know it's going to be a wonderful outcome for her smile, but it sure is difficult seeing her go through these changes and hurting sometimes. She's still adjusting to how to eat with it in and talk too. I felt so bad yesterday when she didn't want to go back to school after getting it in. I hope she adjusts soon.

On a scrappy note, my May card kit is ready at Create My Keepsake! You can view the photos and information HERE! If you have birthday cards on your list to create, this kit is perfect!

Next, I am able to share this layout I did for Melissa Frances created with the Thankful line and some of their gorgeous stamps and chipboard flowers! I love this line so much. Just so shabby and beautiful and easy to create with! I didn't realize Melissa Frances had so many products!

Lastly, Inque Boutique is our sponsor this month at Create My Keepsake and I'm so loving the stamps we received! I used the little tree and house stamps from their See D's - Mini Memoirs collection to embellish my frame here. I stamped them on transparencies and added them to the front. Love this little photo of Kati...she will be three soon and I just can't believe it! Time just flies. I want my baby to stay little forever! (Another big tug at the 'ole heart strings lately!)


The stamp set from Inque Boutique used on this card is the See D's Birdies collection. I stamped the frame and cut out the middle to add the sentiment on the inside of the card so it shows through the front! Papers are Prima, Morning Song.

I'm so glad you stopped by today and wish you a very happy weekend! ~Hugs! Danielle~

15 comments:

Melonie said...

Oh poor Taylor. I hope she is feeling better today.
Good luck with the kitchen floor. It sounds awesome. Psst...I'm not the best cook either.LOL!
Have a super weekend!

Hope said...

All your stuff is gorgeous as always ;)! You'll have to share pics of your kitchen. I can't wait to see the finished project.

Unknown said...

I hope your dd is feeling better today!

Your projects are amazing as usual!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous work (as always!) Dani... love how you worked the MF, just beautiful!
Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous stuff Dani!!

Norma Kennedy said...

Luv it all Dani but that frame is way Beautiful. Luv the cloth part in the frame.Glad to hear everything is going well in the kitchen. Look forward to seeing the update pics. Hugs, Norma

roree said...

Beautiful projects, Dani! Hope Taylor starts feeling better. I think Grace will be going through the same thing before too long.

Daniela Dobson said...

Oh, I hope Taylor feels better. Beautiful work as always...You need to show us your house when it's all done.

Kristine said...

Wow Danielle! I'm new to your blog, and your creations are AMAZING! I love your style!
I have a blog candy going on at my blog; create a card in vintage/shabby chic style! So please join if you feel for it!
Have a lovely weekend!
Kristine=)

Lori Renn said...

Oh my gosh, Dani! So much beautiful stuff in one post! Thank you for sharing your amazing talent!! That Melissa Frances stuff is to die for.

Dena said...

WOW WOW WOW!!
Dani you are totally my scrappy crush! Your projects are freakin awesome!
Sorry to hear about poor Taylor. I am soo not looking forward to when Zoe gets to go thru the same stuff..ick..
Hugs to you and glad to hear that the kitchen is moving along :)

Melissa said...

Everything is so beautiful and sweet Dani! Your card kit looks and sounds like so much fun---can't wait to see what you're going to create with it.
Melis

Ingrid said...

Wow! Gorgeous projects...as always.

Regina Easter said...

everything looks awesome....love that layout

JoEllyn said...

I LOVE those stamps! That picture of Kati is simply adorable!!! good luck with the floor!! The feeling of having accomplished something so big is always rewarding!