Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Life is a whirlwind!

Life has been so hectic lately! We finally finished our tile floor in the kitchen and entry...it looks awesome, very bright and cheery in there now that the green linoleum is gone, thank goodness! I painted the entry a warm brown color called "Darby Creek" and have been painting our new trim and baseboard moldings white. I really like the contrast it gives to the room and am so happy to get rid of the green! I think the nuetral color will be great for adding accessories from the different seasons and then I can change them out whenever I want.. I love to change things often, can you tell? There is still soooo much work ahead of us, but it's coming along nicely!

I wanted to pop in and share a couple of cards from the next card kit available at Right At Home Scrapbooking! Such a pretty kit with gorgeous trims, felt and some of the new papers from Basic Grey. I hope you will check it out! The card kit comes with instructions/photos for 5 cards. Also stay tuned for a mini album kit from me coming soon!
My hubby and I just celebrated our 9th anniversary...I can't believe it's been 9 years! I decided to make him a card with a wallet sized photo that I printed out from our wedding day..he looks so young in this picture. And I'm not that skinny anymore. LOL After 2 kids, I don't think I'll ever be the same!

Papers, rub on saying, and architectural pieces are all from Melissa Frances. LOVE these resin pieces!!! The quote says, "to the world you may be somebody, but to somebody you may be the world". Not to sound all sappy, but even though we have our differences, he's such a great catch and compliments me in ways that I didn't know I needed. ha Definitely makes me the person I am today.
I appreciate you stopping by today! Thanks for all your nice comments!
Hugs! ~Danielle~

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Dani!! LOVE the card you made for your hubby, such a beautiful photo & those resin pieces are gorgeous!... your other cards are beautiful too (of course!!). Hugs! ~Rae

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Such beautiful work Danielle. I found your blog not too long ago and have been back to sneak peeks often. I just love your work, so much inspiration. :)

Norma Kennedy said...

Stunning work as always ! Happy Anniversary I luv the pic of u and hubby on wedding day. Nope not many stay that skinny after having kids- certainly not me :' )
Hugs, Norma

Anonymous said...

girl...i can just ogle your work all day and be happy...:) lovin' those new bg papers and you work them fabulously! congrats on you nine year anny! that is great and you two look like you compliment each other real well. such a cute couple! hugs -renee lamb :D

roree said...

Happy Anniversary, Dani! Love all of your cards!

Nicole Carro said...

Gorgeous cards as always Dani. Congratulations on your Anniversary - enjoy the day!

Jona Panesa said...

happy happy anniversary. hey even after two kids you are still fabulous.

Daniela Dobson said...

Dani, that is beautiful, what a sweet gift. Happy anniversary!
I look at my wedding photos and think how was I ever that skinny???? Still trying to get back to my pre-baby weight, LOL.

Dena said...

Ohhh Dani I just love that card you made! That is my fave quote. So so sweet and girl you are SMOKIN HOT!!!! I hope your man knows how lucky he is!!

and your cards are just beautiful as ever and you NEED TO GO FOR THE PAPER CRAFTS CONTEST, you have NO choice, I am forcing you to do it!

Nicole said...

Those cards are beautiful! I really love the one you made for your DH

Regina Easter said...

oh my goodness what a beautiful couple...congrats....love your cards...hey would love to also see your new painted kitchen and stuff....i am so into that stuff...(smile)

Unknown said...

oh wow, that resin piece is so cool, the photo is beautiful and of course, the cards. Gorgeous stuff!!!

CONGRATULATIONS and Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!! We want to see pics of the new floors!!!

DeeDee said...

WOW! Danielle, that is an awesome gift for your hubby....what a lovely couple you two are...Happy Anniversary Day girlie!!!!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow these are so stunning fabulous work ,Dawnxx

JoEllyn said...

Happy Anniversary!!! That card you made is GORGEOUS!!!!

Babydoll said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a beautiful card. You guys look so in love!

Nicola said...

Beautiful!! Absolutely fantastic, I dont know where to start on your blog, it is all soo fabulous.
Nicola.xx